Cold Laser Therapy for Joint Pain
What Are the Benefits of Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy offers patients a safe and effective therapy for a wide range of medical conditions, including soft tissue and sports injuries, arthritic conditions, repetitive stress injuries, wound healing and en extensive number of additional medical problems.
How Does it Work?
Laser therapy is the use of light from a Low Intensity Laser Diode or an array of Superluminous Diodes to eliminate pain, accelerate healing and decrease inflammation. LLLT is also known as cold laser, low intensity laser therapy or photobiomodulation.
Laser therapy does not heat or cut tissue, unlike high intensity lasers. Many pharmacological treatments mask pain or only address disease-related symptoms; laser Therapy treats the underlying inflammation to promote healing. This means that the treatments are effective and the benefits are long lasting.
What Conditions Does it Treat?
The patented technology, which has been approved by the FDA, Health Canada, UL and CE, includes more than 30 standard protocols for the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions including:
Soft Tissue & Sports Injuries
- Degenerative Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Vertebral Radiculopathy
- Chronic Spinal Problems
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder rotator cuff Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
General Health Problems
- Herniated Disc
- Temporo-Mandibular Joint Syndrome
- Eliminates pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to conventional therapies
- Increased production and release of:
- Endorphins - naturally produced analgesic
- Cortisol - precursor of cortisone
- Growth hormone - instrumental in tissue repair
- ATP - improves and regulates cellular metabolism
- Increased protein synthesis - collagen, DNA, fibroblasts
- Venous and lymphatic flow facilitated
- Increased angiogenesis - elevation of oxygen saturation
- Enhanced immune response, etc.