Specialists in Arthritis and Rheumatology
Coronavirus UpdateFor the safety of our immunocompromised patients:
Arthritis and Rheumatology Clinic is now offering telemedicine (virtual) appointments. Please call 703-734-2222 to schedule your appointment.
- New patients: please fill out the online new patient forms and email it to:
Please click on this link to answer all your questions regarding safety of covid vaccines in patients with autoimmune conditions and on immunosuppressive therapy:
Much awaited vaccine guidance:
**All patients with autoimmune conditions, regardless of their immunomodulatory therapies, should get the Covid vaccine
If on the following meds, suggest:
- Methotrexate: hold 1 week after each vaccine dose
- Jak i (xeljanz, rinvoq): hold 1 week after each vaccine dose
- Orencia (subQ): hold 1 week prior to and 1 week after the first vaccine dose only
- Orencia (IV infusion): first vaccine to occur 4 weeks after the last infusion and resume infusion therapy one week after the first vaccine (no adjustments needed for the 2nd vaccine)
- Rituximab infusion: complete vaccine series 4 weeks prior to your infusion
- NO modifications needed if on any other drugs such as : Cimzia , Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Cellcept, Imuran, Plaquenil, Benlysta, Cosentyx, Taltz, prednisone
At Arthritis and Rheumatology Clinical Center of Northern Virginia, we recognize the value of every person and are guided by our commitment to excellence and evidence-based medicine. Our mission is to provide quality health services and facilities for the community, to promote wellness, to relieve suffering, and to restore health as swiftly, safely, and humanely as it can be done, consistent with the best service we can give at the highest value for all concerned.
Treating autoimmune conditions and diseases of the connective tissues, including joints, bones, muscles and tendons is our specialty. Rest assured that you will be given the most cutting edge, evidence based therapeutic options for your specific rheumatologic condition. Our physicians take time to listen to your needs in order to create personalized treatment plans. With your convenience in mind, we have implemented an in-office laboratory to facilitate blood work. For joint injections which may benefit from imaging guidance, we utilize the newest, state of the art ultrasound machines, to achieve superior outcomes.